« Home | I Wonder What A Soldering Iron In Your Mouth Feels... » | More like Brad RenfrNO! » | My First Christmas Tree » | Strike » | Just so you know... » | I Guess I'll Buy My Mom A Black Light and a Bob Ma... » | Ooops! » | Harajuku Is For Me » | Boy, Two, Saw Saw Two » | Weekend Update »

Today is Pepper Pot Day



















This traces back to America’s early history (supposedly): In Valley Forge, during the bitter winter of 1777-1778, hunger soared and hope quailed in America's poor Continental Army. General Washington asked his cook to feed his men at any cost. With only scraps of tripe from the butcher and a handful of peppercorns, the cook produced a hearty soup - the creation of Pepper Pot Soup. Celebrate with a pot of thick, hot and somewhat spicy soup today. Most people now substitute chicken, beef or shrimp for the tripe.

People also dont know that Pepper Pot is David Cho's favorite food!

Do you like my new font???